Monday, November 12, 2012

Weekly Photo Challenge - Renewal

Every week, The Daily Post sets a weekly photo challenge.  This week's challenge is "Renewal"


Sunrise in Delia, Agrigento
I have been a teacher for just shy of 30 years.  Sadly, in the past few years the government has funded education less and less and it has become harder and harder to be a teacher.  At 51, by the time the school year is over, I am completely and thoroughly exhausted.  Last school year was no different.  On July 10th we arrived in Catania, drove to Delia to stay with our friend, Marilena.  After a wonderful, relaxing sleep, I woke early, got up and walked out onto the terrazza to see this spectacular sunrise.  I snapped the picture and then I stood and watched the sun come up.  For the first time in a couple of months I felt a wonderful lightness, a new purpose and a real joy.

2 comments:

  1. This is amazing Diane! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Eve. You should do some of these weekly challenges too! I bet you would come up with some really interesting stuff.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Polite comments always welcome!